This video is of the team before they cycle through the heat and hills from Saint Cirq-Lapopie to Albi. The film doesn’t quite do it justice but it was very cold and the camp site was literally in the clouds. Read more...
Events for Namuwongo has adopted Namuwongo, a slum community of approximately 20,000 people on the edge of Kampala in Uganda. The community suffers from poverty, polluted water, lack of sanitation and education, and has been ravaged by AIDs and neighbouring wars.
It is also a community of hard working, energetic people, striving to solve their own problems and improve their own lives.
Events for Namuwongo subscribes to a view that you can’t help everybody; therefore, you should help somebody properly, and we’ve decided to help Namuwongo until the people of the community can fully participate within Kampala’s economy.
Our plan is to work together as an industry, befriend Namuwongo long term, and provide support as its needs evolve.
The group plans to raise £400,000 in 2012/2013 to achieve the following:
- Free clean water for the whole community
- Free sanitation and hygienic toilets for the whole community
- Transforming health care for the entire community
- The creation of a new school: ‘The Hope Academy’
- Funds to educate 500 kids per year, rising to 1,500 long term
- The provision for adult education services
- Free sanitary products for girls in school
- To create a long lasting and meaningful relationship with the community by visiting regularly www.eventsfornamuwongo.com
Tom and I believe strongly in this charity and we would like you to give generously by clicking on the Donate Now button.